Enjoy free outdoor movies on select Thursdays at 9 pm under the stars all summer long throughout Burlington Ontario. The City of Burlington is once again hosting its summer series “Movies Under The Stars”. These outdoor movies are free to attend and a great way to meet your neighbours and explore new parks in other neighbourhoods. Kids will love the massive movie screen and the novelty of watching a family-friendly movie outside. Parents will love the way the kids can bounce back and forth from the playground to playing on the grass to watching the movie.
What Free Outdoor Movies Are Playing in 2023?
Here is the list of scheduled dates and locations for Movies Under The Stars in Burlington. Movies are shown on Thursdays and will start at 9 pm, and the locations rotate through different Burlington parks.
- July 6: Nelson Park (4183 New St.) Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
- July 13: Orchard Community Park (2255 Sutton Dr.) Moana
- July 20: Central Park Bandshell (2311 New St.) The Super Mario Bros. Movie
- July 27: Kiwanis Park (494 Townsend Ave.) Lyle Lyle Crocodile
- Aug. 3: Kilbride Park (2175 Blessington St.) Strange World
- Aug. 10: Ireland Park (2315 Headon Forest Dr.) The Little Mermaid (2023 live-action)
- Aug. 17: Spencer Smith Park- West Lawn (1400 Lakeshore Rd.) Puss in Boots
Aug. 24: Movie and Location TBD
If the weather isn’t conducive to an outdoor movie, the event will be cancelled and rescheduled to August 24th. Only 1 movie can be rescheduled to the rain date, therefore there is only one rain date. When the weather looks questionable, check the event status by following the City of Burlington’s Twitter account.
What To Bring To Movies Under The Stars
You don’t need much to make this casual outdoor activity with kids great. Here’s what we suggest bringing with you to the free outdoor Movies Under The Stars:
- Camping chair or picnic blanket to sit on
- Drinks and snacks for everyone
- Wear your fave jammies
- Bring a small blanket just in case the temp drops once the sun goes down
- Bug spray – just in case
- Something to do before the movie starts – a frisbee, a ball, a book, etc.
Each park has lots of parking, and there isn’t a bad seat in the house, so don’t rush to get there far in advance.
More Ideas For Family Fun
We’ve been to so many cool places, and we’ve made it our mission to share all the fabulous locations we find with you. Whether you’re planning a day trip or looking for the best playgrounds, we’ve got your back. We are all about discovering the most amazing indoor play areas, farms and animal experiences, and a whole bunch of other visit-worthy local attractions. Check out our latest blog posts below to make sure you have an absolutely epic weekend!