Fall is my jam, and nothing beats a family trip to one of the many local pick-your-own apple orchards. Every year we load up on more-than-we-can-carry apples, then we cart them home and search for delicious ways to use them all up. As a result, I fancy myself an apple sous chef, roasting, baking, sauteeing, and pureeing my way through fall!
There are lots of pick-your-own apple orchards throughout Halton and into Hamilton. Here’s our pick-your-own apple guide with all the details you need to find an orchard and have some family fun on the farm over the next few weeks.
Andrew’s Scenic Acres
Address: 9365 10 Side Rd, Milton, ON L9T 2X9
- What kids love: Wagon ride to the picking fields, walking paths with photo opportunities, ‘gently’ haunted, cornfield walks, and straw mountain for jumping.
- Details: Admission $12 per person over 5 years old. The picking season can be short due to weather, so call ahead to avoid disappointment. Sunflower kingdom admission is an additional fee.
The Apple Orchard
Address: 1668 ON-6, Hamilton, ON L8N 2Z7
Open Thursday thru Monday from 9 am till 5 pm. Some activities may be limited this season.
- What kids love: The corn pit, wagon rides (weekdays only), a corn maze, the huge hay bales, the adorable animals and even some gnomes. This apple orchard in Hamilton has lots to offer!
- Prices: Admission is $8.85 adults, $8.41 seniors, $7.97 kids and kids under 2 are free. All pick your own apples/pears are $2.25/lb – wow!
Address: 5144 Derry Rd, Burlington, ON L7M 0R6
Opening for apple picking on September 1, Applevale is open 7 days a week, from 10:00 am -5 pm during the picking season. Call if the weather isn’t great as they may close early. Sold by the bag or bushel only, with bags starting at $10.
- What kids love: apple picking and fresh apple cider to purchase.
- Details: Minimum $40 purchase per family, no entrance fee.
Address: 2194 Shaver Rd S., Ancaster, ON, L9G 3L1
Open Tuesday thru Saturday from 8 am till 5 pm and Sundays from 11 am till 5.
- What kids love: The general store at this apple orchard in Hamilton sells old-fashioned candy, take a wagon ride through the apple orchards, and the apples of course!
- Details: Freshly baked goodies in the bakery, real apple cider, and a variety of apples to choose from.
Address: 9528 Regional Rd 25, Milton, ON L9T 2X7
- What kids love: 4 giant slides with 2 towers and a bridge, “retired” tractors, horse tire swings, sandbox, friendly farm animals, wagon rides, nature trail, hay bail jump and pony rides every day (weather permitting). Maximum up to 70lbs for the pony riders.
- Details: Pre-booking and payment are required for a 3-hour time slot at this apple orchard in Halton Hills. Children under 3 are free, 4-12 years old are $14, adults are $16 and seniors 65+ are $14. Most varieties are pick-your-own or buy them bagged.
Address: 568 Lynden Rd., RR#2 Lynden, ON, L0R 1T0
- What kids love: parents have told us trees are low enough for little arms to reach
- Details: Monday to Saturday from 9 am – 4 pm, closed Sundays. Open until Thanksgiving Weekend.
Myer’s Apple Farm – Closed for 2022
Address: 37 Hamilton Regional Rd 52, Hamilton, ON L0R 1J0
- What kids love: The animals on the farm are a huge hit: horses, goats, chickens, cats and alpacas!
- Details: this season, do not bring your wagon or carrying bags/bins from home as they are not permitted.
Pie In The Sky Orchard
Address: 33165 Bell Rd. Wainfleet, ON
- Details: 9 varieties of apples to pick at this family-run orchard in the Niagara region. Be sure to check out their bakery, too!
Paradise Fields Organic Farm
Address: 3355 Golf Club Rd., Binbrook, ON L0R 1P0
- Details: Certified ORGANIC pick-your-own apple experience with over 9000 apple trees and 7 varieties to choose from. This season we will be picking Gala in September and Honey Crisp starting September 25 during our Harvest Celebration.
- What kids love: Playpark, Hay area for fun, Juice bar with fresh-made smoothies (Sunday Only) and a visit to the Farm store with all your favourites: honey, maple syrup, and organic produce.
Address: 1468 #8 Highway, Winona, Hamilton, Ontario L8E 5K9
- What kids love: Train tour of the grounds (pre-book your rides for 2020), petting zoo, children’s village, and picking apples.
- Details: Country store, winery, and Ontario pear cider. A fun-filled full day at the apple orchard. Picking happens Wednesday thru Sunday from 9 am till 4:30 pm.
Tall Post Craft Cider
Address: 1170 Hendershot Rd., Hamilton, Ontario L0R 1P0
- Details: Open Monday-Saturday | 10 AM-4:30 PM, P-Y-O Begins Labour Day Weekend!
Address: 8277 10 Side Rd, Milton, ON L9T 2X9
- What kids love: Wagon rides and baked goods, and most of all, apples!
- Details: Pre-booking required. Minimum of 1 bag purchase is required for entry ($23). Admission is $6 per person for everyone over 12. Admission includes access to the orchard for picking, a corn field for walking, and sunflower patches for pictures. 10 lb bags are $20 and 5 lb bags are $10.
Address: 10101 Hume Ct, Milton, ON L9T 2X9
- Starting Labour Day weekend, visit this Milton apple orchard for pick-your-own Tydeman’s Red, McIntosh, and Italian Prune Plums. Monday the Friday is pre-picked only, and pre-picked and pick-your-own apples are available on the weekend.
Willis Family Fruit Farm
Address: 6063 Fifth Line, Milton, Ontario, L9E 0E9
What kids love: Apple picking, weekend wagon rides, baked goods, farm photo opportunities, fresh-pressed apple cider.
Details: Minimum apple purchase of $10 per person including children, therefore, a family of 4 would have to buy $40 worth on their visit to the apple orchard. There’s no minimum if you want to buy the pre-picked apples at the fruit stand.
Local Hamilton and Halton Farms with Fresh, Ready-Picked Apples
Bennett’s Apples and Cider – Ancaster – website
Bousfield’s Apples and Cider – Milton – website
Springridge Farm – Milton – website
Drummond Farms – Waterdown – website
More Ideas For Family Fun
We have visited hundreds of places and written about them to help you find the very best destination for your next day trip or outing. We love sharing indoor play places, playgrounds that go above and beyond, and more! Here are a few of our latest blogs to help you have a great weekend.
1 thought on “Kid-Friendly Pick-Your-Own Apple Orchards in Halton and Hamilton”
The Apple Orchard on hwy 6 is great! We were there on Friday. Pick your own, wagon rides, corn pit and maze and a spot for roasting hot dogs!