Great news for fans of African Lion Safari – they are reopening on June 11, 2021. Enjoy their drive-through “On Safari” from the comfort of your own vehicle.
African Lion Safari is a popular local attraction for many of us, and the uncertainty of the summer left many wondering if they’d get to visit this year. Great news, animal fans – African Lion Safari has reopened their drive-thru animal experience! Join them “On Safari!” and get closer than you ever imagined to majestic birds and animals from around the world as you drive along 9 kilometres of trail, through 7 large Game Reserves, in the comfort of your own vehicle!
As with the other reopenings we’ve seen, there are new rules and protocols in place to help keep everyone safe.
- All tickets must be prepurchased online, no tickets will be sold at the gate. You can buy online here. Tickets are free for kids under 2, kids 2-12 are $18.95 each and anyone over 13 is $29.95. If you purchase at the gate, prices are $33.95 and $22.95 for adults and children respectively.
- Your tickets are valid for the 9 km – or 90 minute – drive through in the Games Reserve.
- Check the vehicle restrictions here before you order to avoid disappointment.
- Leave your pets at home, please.
- Need the washroom? Please remember to bring and wear your face masks.
Can you get out and walk around? According to African Lion Safari, “Yes! Our walking area, down Tusker Trail, is open to visitors! Visit our Pets’ Corner area, our Birds of Prey Conservation Area and some of our Asian Elephants. Stop by our Gift Shop, underneath Kenya Gate, and visit our restaurant for several takeaway options! All tours, presentation areas, splash pad and playgrounds are closed to the public at this time.”
African Lion Safari reserves the right to change animal displays without notice. Please be advised that due to COVID-19 health concerns, some species, like their troop of baboons, will not be on display in the reserves.