Bowling, an ageless activity blending sport and leisure, stands as a staple of fun across generations. every city is home to a bowling alley near you, filled with the sounds of pins clasttering and balls
We love 10 pin bowling because it’s not a sport you have to be good at to enjoy. When the girls were younger, we did a lot of 5 pin bowling with bumpers and loved every minute of it. Most alleys offer bumpers to block the “gutters” and they have ramps to help assist getting the heavy 10-pin balls down the alley.
Read More: Looking for arcades? You can find local arcades and video games right here.
Bowling is a sport that brings people of different ages and skills together. It’s not just about rolling a ball, but also about creating connections and having friendly competition. No matter the weather, bowling is a great way to escape the heat, the cold and it’s good for a rainy day too.
This article will help you find bowling places near you. This list includes local bowling alleys that have been in business for decades and more modern bowling centres like Splitsville Bowling, you’re sure to find a great spot to take the whole family soon.
Bowling is a fun indoor activity for all ages.Kids love bowling, while older people enjoy the competition and the opportunity to connect with loved ones. Don’t forget your grandparents, they’ve been bowling longer than you’ve been alive and just may show you a trick or two.
Tips For Bowling
- Dress comfortably, bowling takes full body movements and you don’t want to feel constrained while you beat your friends.
- Find the right weight ball to use. Many times, your lane will come stocked with some colour bowling balls, but that doesn’t mean you can’t scour the entertainment centre looking for one that fits just right.
- Wear socks, but don’t worry about your shoes. The bowling alley will rent you a pair of specialized shoes that won’t scuff the lane’s slick finish.
- Ten pin bowling is the kind you play with the larger bowling ball, and 5 pin bowling uses smaller balls that you can easily grip with one hand. Both games are a ton of fun, so choose your preference.
- All of these locations offer kids bowling near Hamilton, Burlington and beyond. Young kids can join the fun using bumpers and ramps to help them score points.
Bowling Centres Near Me in Hamilton, Burlington, Oakville and Milton
More Indoor Fun Families Love
Whether you’re dodging unreliable weather or just want something new to try, are our latest 8 ideas for indoor things to do with kids. You can find all of our Indoor Activities here.
- Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory (Photos + FAQs Answered)
- Art Gallery of Hamilton – How To Visit For Free!
- High-Energy Excitement at Activate Burlington
- Indoor Playgrounds & Trampoline Parks: Hamilton and Niagara
- Indoor Playgrounds & Trampoline Parks in Burlington Oakville Milton
- 100+ Awesome March Break Activities For 2024
- Natures Superheroes: Brand New Winter Exhibit at RBG
- Feel Like A GIANT At Little Canada