We always ask a trusted friend or neighbour for their advice. Everything from What are you watching on Netflix? to Where do you send your kids for daycare? We value their opinions because they are “real people” just like us.
When you want to tell your potential customers about your business, one of the best ways to do it is with TESTIMONIALS. Real, honest feedback from your past customers can help influence your future customers’ purchasing. But how do you get client testimonials? It’s not as hard as it may seem.
How Do You Get Testimonials?
Are you using a client booking system or POS system? There is probably already a function built in to send an automated email to a patron after they visit or make an online purchase. Set it up if you haven’t done so yet.
Does your business have a Google page? If so, you already have testimonials there.
Has a customer emailed you after to say thank you, or tell you what a great experience they had? Of course, they have!
And if you’re not doing any of the above – just ask! Everyone – especially right now – wants to support businesses wherever they can, and sending a testimonial is such an easy (and free) way to help out.
What Do I Do With Testimonials?
Okay, now that you’ve got some great customer feedback, how do you use it to land new customers? You share it! And here’s where:
- On Your Social Media – Create a graphic in your branded colours, with your logo, and add the text to the image. You can either add all of the info or a snippet, with the full testimonial in the caption. Make sure to thank the person who gave you the great review!
- On Your Website – Many websites have a feature or plugin for testimonials. They let you add them, and automatically scroll them across the page.
- Create a Page – Add a section to your website just for testimonials. It’s a great way to highlight the best ones, and a variety to give customers the best view of your business.
- In Your Marketing Pieces – Include a testimonial or two in your brochures, pamphlets, media kits, and anything else you hand to or email to a potential customer.
- Send Them In Your Newsletter – Add a new testimonial to each newsletter you send. Make sure to use ones that are seasonally relevant and highlight what you’re offering right now. No one wants to know how great your Boxing Day sale was in July!
There you have it, 5 ways to utilize client testimonials to help land you your next client. Which one will you attack today?
If all of this seems like a lot – and it can be – feel free to reach out and we can discuss the ways we can support you, while you grow your business.