The Candlelit Stroll through Downtown Burlington is back for 2023 and we have all the details. This free family-friendly event transforms the downtown core into a winter wonderland of lights, glowing storefronts and merriment.
What Is The Candlelit Stroll?
The Candlelit Stroll takes place in Downtown Burlington and has always been one of my favourite events of the season. It is festive and cheery and brings the whole community together for a family-friendly gathering.
On Friday, November 24th, gather at Civic Square, just outside City Hall at 6 PM to pick up your candles (or glow sticks) and celebrate with the community as the City of Burlington’s Tree of Hope is lit for the season. From 7 till 9 pm stroll through Burlington’s downtown on a self-lead tour complete with a whole host of FREE activities for all ages.
What Will You See and Do?
This year, the Burlington Downtown Business Association has lots planned for families to enjoy at the Candlelit Stroll. Some highlights are:
- Enjoy the beautiful lights along the Promenade West.
- Welcome the spirit of the season with your family as you take in a holiday movie at Centro.
- Warm up with delicious hot chocolate from La Creme de la Creme Creamery’s tent (not in store)
- Both Lola Choco Bar And Sweet House and The North Coal Kitchen & Bar offer guests a complimentary hot beverage on their patio
- Enjoy a sweet bites with maple taffy from White Meadows Farms
- Caramel corn and cookies from Bocconcino Bakery And Market
- And sliders from The WORKS Burgers
- Capture magical holiday memories with a complimentary photo at the studio of designer Joseph Tassoni
- Enjoy incredible live music with the Teen Tour Band
- Free photo booth courtesy of Snaptique Photo Booth
- And how can we forget – visits with Santa, too!
When is The CandleLit Stroll in Burlington?
The candlelit stroll takes place on Friday, November 24th between 6 pm and 9 pm. If you are within walking distance, that will be your best way to arrive. You can also park at the Downtown Burlington municipal parking structure or one of the areas parking lots and locations.
More activities and stops for the Candlelit Stroll could be added in the coming weeks, so watch this page for complete details.